Walk Friendly Communities is a national recognition program developed to encourage towns and cities across the U.S. to establish or recommit to a high priority for supporting safer walking environments. The WFC program will recognize communities that are working to improve a wide range of conditions related to walking, including safety, mobility, access, and comfort.
News and Updates
- June. 15, 2013: Applications close
- May 21, 2013: Three new communities earn Walk Friendly designations
- May 1, 2013: Applications open
- Nov. 28, 2012: "Giving Cities Legs: Ideas and Inspirations From Walk Friendly Communities" is now available online.
- Nov. 1, 2012: Applications open
- Sept. 6, 2012: Nine communities earn Walk Friendly designations.
- April 11, 2012: Three new communities earn Walk Friendly designations.
- September 22, 2011: 10 New Walk Friendly Communities Announced